Skill and compassion go hand in hand when providing exceptional patient care. As a dental professional, I stay up to date on the latest advancements in dentistry in order to provide the most current treatment options for my patients. As a doctor, I recognize that my patients are unique individuals who have placed a great deal of trust in me and my team. That is just one reason why I value each and every patient relationship.
I appreciate the time you’ve taken to visit this site and find out more about this dental practice, my team, and the many services we can provide to help you achieve optimum oral health.
Dr. Krista M. Jones, DDS
Krista M. Jones opened her practice in Edmond, OK in 1981 after graduating from the University of Oklahoma, College of Dentistry. In 1990 she moved her office to the Turtle Creek Professional Village Complex. She has built her practice by providing the highest quality dentistry available for a life changing experience for patients and staff. Dr. Jones is in the top 5% of dentists in Oklahoma for continuing education, and has attended the prestigious Spear Institute at the Scottsdale Center for Dentistry, where she is a member of the Faculty Club and is a member in the Edmond Spear Study Club. She has been awarded the Oklahoma Dentist of the Year for the Oklahoma Dental Association in 2012 and was voted "Best of the Metro" by 405 Magazine in both Cosmetic Dentistry and Comprehensive Dentistry. She was also voted "Best of the City" by Slice Magazine in 2013.
- Undergraduate Studies - University of Oklahoma, 1974 - 1977
- Doctor of Dental Surgery - University of Oklahoma, 1981
Dr. Jones is dedicated to continuing education and advance technology. Each year she attends two to three times the continuing education courses required by the Oklahoma Board of Dentistry that help her provide patients with the best dental care possible. Dr. Jones received the Platinum eagle Award in 2002 from the Oklahoma Board of Dentistry for placing in the top three percent of all licensed dentists in the State of Oklahoma in the amount of continuing education courses for the previous three years.
She is Western Regional Examing Board member to administer licensure exams to dental candidates all over the United States since 2010.
Examples of recent continuing education Dr. Jones has completed:
- Complex Treatment Planning, Phasing, and Sequencing
- Treating the Worn Dentition
- Facially Generated Treatment Planning
- Mastering the Art of Treatment Planning and Case Presenentation
- Lasers in Dentistry
- Master Esthetic Program
- Restorative Design
- Creating Esthetic Excellence
- Ceramic Restorations
- Anterior Restorative Design
- Implant Restorative Workshop
- Fixed Prosthodontics
- Reconstructive Phase Therapy
- Non-surgical Therapeutic Management
- Oral Cancer Identification
- Neuromuscular Occlusion
- Head and Neck Anatomy
Not only is Dr. Jones is a Faculty Club Member of the Spear Institute, but she is a graduate of the Pankey Institute which trains dentists to provide you with maximum comfort and function while at the same time accomplishing a natural, beautiful appearance and long-term results. She attended the Las VegasVegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies for new developments in advanced aesthetics and comprehensive dentistry.
Dr. Jones’ passion for dentistry has kept her very busy in local and national professional associations as an active member as well as in leadership positions within the organizations.
- OK County Dental Society - Past President 1998-1999
- Academy of Dentistry International Fellow since 1997, Past Regent
- OK Dental Association - President 2007-2008, House of Delegates 1983-Present; Speaker of the House of Delegates 2011-2016
- OK Dental Association – OK Mission of Mercy Triage Lead 2010-2013, Chair Mediation Review 1999-2005
- OK Association of Women Dentists – President 1988-1989, Member since 1985
- OK Academy of General Dentists - Member since 1989
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists -
- American Dental Association – Delegate to the House of Delegate 2007, 2012 – Present
- Heath Care Information Advisory Council, OK Dept. of Health – 2007- Present
- Governor’s Task Force on Children & Oral Health, State of OK - 2008-2009
- National Association of Parliamentarians – Secretary OK Section 2009- Present
- American College of Dentists – Chair of OK Section 2006-2007, Geis Fellow, Geis Benefactor Fellow
- American Association of Women Dentist – Member since 1985
- American Academy of General Dentistry – Member since 1989
- International College of Dentists – Fellow 2002-present, ICD OK Dentist of the Year 2008
- Pierre Fauchard Academy – Fellow 1996-present; Dentist contributor to the Art & Science of Dentistry 2007
- OU College of Dentistry Alumni Association - President 1985-1986; Dentist Alumnus of the Year 2010
As a resident of Edmond, OK, she is very involved in the community. She belongs to and has served in leadership roles.
MEDICAL MISSION TRIPS:
Dr. Jones travels on medical mission trips through the OU Health Science Center Christian Medical-Dental Society and the Oklahoma United Methodist’s Volunteers in Mission. She and husband, Craig, have been on mission trips to Kenya, Israel, Peru, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Guatemala, and Mexico.
HONORS & AWARDS:
- City of Edmond - Outstanding Citizen of the Year 2012
- OK Dental Association – Dentist of the Year 2012
- OK Dental Association – Richard T. Oliver Legislative Award 2012
- Edmond Chamber of Commerce – one of three finalist for Small Business of the Year 2011
- OK Dental Association – President’s Leadership Award 2011
- OK Dental Association – Dan Brannin Award for Ethics and Professionalism 2009
- Edmond Hall of Fame 2010
- OU College of Dentistry Alumni Association – Outstanding Alumni 2010
- Rotary Club of Edmond – George Mikesell Award Rotarian of the Year 2010
- Del City High School Hall of Fame Inductee 2010
- University of OK Regents Award – Outstanding Distinguished Alumni 2006
- Fellow International College of Dentists – Outstanding Dentist of the Year OK Section 2008
- Fellow American College of Dentists – Geis Fellow
- Fellow Academy of Dentistry International
- Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy – Dentist of the Year 2007
- OK Dental Association – Thomas Jefferson Award 1989
- During her time as Chair of Mediation Review Sub Council for ODA, the Oklahoma Dental Association was awarded the Golden Apple Award in Ethics and Professionalism for the American Dental Association.
CHARITABLE DENTAL ASSOCIATIONS:
Dr. Jones is married to Reverend Craig Stinson who is the Executive Director for the Oklahoma United Methodist Conference. They enjoy chasing eclipses and have seen nine. Scuba diving and reading are other passions of Dr. Jones.